The Cheater Lemon Meringue Pie Cookie Cups Recipe is a simple way to get your Lemon Meringue Pie fix. You still have the tangy lemon filling with sweet meringue like topping.
Cheater Lemon Meringue Pie Cookie Cups Recipe
It’s Lemon Meringue Pie Day and what better and easier way to celebrate than with the cheater Lemon Meringue Pie Cookie Cups recipe.
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 Tablespoons butter, optional
• 1 cup marshmallow fluff*
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water and lemon juice.
*How to Make Lemon Meringue Pie Cookie Cups From scratch sugar cookies:
• 3 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup unsalted butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups Recipe
- 1 package sugar cookie dough *or use from-scratch recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter optional
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff*NOTE: you can replace the lemon filling with store-bought lemon curd.
- *From scratch sugar cookies:
- Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter.
- Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat.
- Grease a muffin or tart tin and press 1-2 Tablespoons of cookie dough into each indentation and press to shape into a cup shape (along the bottom and sides of the indentation).
- Bake the cookie cups for 8-12 minutes (will vary depending on the size of your tin).
- Set oven to broil.
- Fill each cookie cup with 1-2 Tablespoons of the lemon filling and then top with a Tablespoon of marshmallow fluff.
- Place all of the cookie cups under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until the marshmallow topping appears browned.
- Let cool before serving.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder and then slowly add it to the sugar-butter mixture.
- Once all of the flour is incorporated into the dough, form into a ball and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before shaping into cookie cups.
You can replace the lemon filling with store-bought lemon curd.