Yes – we know it is hard to imagine but there are really desserts out there that are Weight Watchers friendly – and this one tops our list of favorites. This Weight Watchers chocolate covered strawberries recipe is not only easy to make – but will help you stick with your point tracking and keep on track with your meal plan.
While this recipe focuses on wine soaked strawberries you can swap out the wine and create something different like champagne soaked strawberries if you are more of a champagne kind of girl.
When I think of Valentine’s Day, I think of wine, chocolate and strawberries. It’s strawberry time again right now in Florida and what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day (and our 20th anniversary) than with wine soaked chocolate covered strawberries. I love it when I can combine all my favorite things and still fit it into my Weight Watcher’s plan.
You might be thinking that is going to be a long drawn out and time consuming recipe. But the truth is that it couldn’t be any simpler.
Wine Soaked Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ingredients:
- Your favorite wine
- Big plump juicy strawberries
- Chocolate for dipping.
- Jimmies, Mini Marshmallows, Caramel, white chocolate and anything else you want to use on them.
Remember you have some creative ability here! While I used a pre-made milk chocolate dipping sauce for this recipe, you can do a dark chocolate, white chocolate and of course any type of accent element you want from a simple drizzle to dipping in candies like I did.
Making your own chocolate dip is also an option – when you buy a block of chocolate and melt it that will be another great way to make these strawberries be amazing! And of course since dark chocolate seems to have extra special benefits – I may try that next time I make these!
Start by soaking your strawberries overnight in your favorite wine. Since I am on the Weight Watchers program, I am using Skinny Girl California Red. After soaking them overnight, I let them drain on a towel or some paper towels for a little bit until they are dry.
Next, dip into your chocolate dip. I bought the ready made dip but you can make your own if you want. I dipped them all in the chocolate and then dipped them right in the garnish while they were still wet.
I then placed them on waxed paper (actually, I used saran wrap because I didn’t have any waxed paper) and put them in the refrigerator.
That’s it, simple simple! Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Your favorite wine or champagne
- Big plump juicy strawberries
- Chocolate for dipping
- (optional) Jimmies, Mini Marshmallows, Caramel, white chocolate
- Soak your strawberries overnight in your favorite wine or champagne. If you are on Weight Watchers I recommend using Skinny Girl California Red, which is what I used for this recipe.
- After soaking them overnight, let them drain on a towel or some paper towels for a little bit until they are dry.
- Once dry dip into your chocolate dip. I bought the ready made dip but you can make your own if you want. I dipped them all in the chocolate and then dipped them right in the garnish while they were still wet.
- Place on waxed paper and put them in the refrigerator.