I actually purchased the TrailHead+20°F Ultralight Sleeping Bag because we do a lot of RV trips and on occasion we like to sleep in the great outdoors instead of the RV. This one appealed to me because it looked great (the mummy look of this bag really appealed to me), had good reviews and seemed to have what I needed to stay warm at night no matter how cold it got.
I definitely made a great choice when I purchased the TrailHead sleeping bag!
I am also 6 ft. tall so I had to make sure I found a sleeping bag that would fit me comfortably. I have slept in some in the past that were too short and that does not make for a good night sleep! The Teton Sports TrailHead 20 is a bit longer and wider than other mummy style sleeping bags which was ultimately the reason I chose this one instead of another brand.
About The Teton TrailHead Sleeping Bag
What I really loved about this sleeping bag is of course the length, but how lightweight it is. Even though it is so lightweight and easy to store – it still does a great job of keeping me warm. Their Innovative PolarLite technology is an insulation that does a great job of keeping you warm while still being so light!
One of the coolest things for me personally was how I did not need to do anything special to get it in the travel sack it comes with. I just jammed it in there – no rolling no struggling, it went right in.
- Unpacked Dimensions: 87″ in length x 32″ wide at shoulder area x 22″ wide at the foot
- Packed Dimensions: 14.5″ x 6.5″ x 6.5″
- Temperature Rating: -7°C/+20°F
- Fill features PolarLite™ Insulation
- Shell is made of 75D Diamond Ripstop
- Lining is a Double–Brushed P5 Poly Hi–Count
- Comes with a drawstring sack for storage
- Zipper is on the right hand side
- Pack Weight: 2.9 lbs
- Available in green with grey or orange with grey
- Longer wider sleeping bag that fits people up to 6′ 1″ in height
- Interior pocket zips to safely hold electronics or wallet
- Built–in foot box provides comfort for toes even when lying on your back
- Full–length zipper baffle reduces drafts
- Diamond ripstop shell is water–resistant and won’t tear even if you snag or puncture it
- The hood keeps head or pillow off the ground
Caring for your sleeping bag properly will help it last for a long time. TETON prides themselves on providing sleeping bags that require minimum care with a stain resistant out layer that will only require simple spot cleaning with a damp warm cloth. For deeper cleaning they do not recommend a washing machine as that can damage the bag and may void the warranty. Their recommendation is to use a bathtub and wash manually then air dry.
Another option is spraying the bad with essential oils and deodorizers. You can see their full post of ideas here to keep your sleeping bag clean.
Teton Sports offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on most of their products, sleeping bags included. The warranty covers products that are showing issues due to materials or workmanship.