This is unique take on the classic southern style Waffles and Hash Browns you may know and love. These waffles are actually made from hash browns – and featured southern style toppings for a good old home style breakfast the whole family will love!
The Southwest Hash Brown Waffles recipe are a great way to take frozen hash browns or tater tots and make them into something fun.
Use these waffles to make a breakfast sandwich or in place of your bun for a burger. No matter how you serve up these hash brown waffles, one thing we know is you and the family are going to love these!
- 3 cups frozen hash browns or tater tots
- 1/2 cup of cooked diced bacon
- 1 cup of Colby jack cheese
- 2 eggs
Other Needed Items
- Non-stick spray
- Waffle maker
1. In a large bowl add hash browns (or you can use tater tots)
2. Let hash browns sit until they thaw
3. Place hash browns on a paper towel covered plate and press another paper towel on top to soak up the moisture.
4. Put hash browns back in the bowl.
5. Turn on your waffle maker.
6. Cook bacon until crispy then dice into small bits.
7. Add bacon, cheese to the bowl.
8. In a small bowl add 2 eggs and whisk.
9. Pour eggs into the hash brown mixture and stir to combine.
10. Scoop 1 cup of the hash brown mix a the waffle maker.
11. Spread the mixture to cover waffle maker evenly.
12. Cook for 8 minutes until golden brown.
13. Remove from the waffle maker.
14. Top it with Pico de Gallo and sour cream.
Other Items Needed Nonstick spray As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other Items Needed
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.