This is a fun little snack that the kids will love on those warm summer days and they are so easy to make.
If your house is anything like our house, it’s the go to house on the street. You don’t want to be forking out big bucks for store bought ice cream sandwiches but you can still give the kids a treat that’s easy and cheap to make.
These Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect for the kids around the block, birthday parties, barbecues – or any day you just need something different for a sweet treat.
Because I do not really consider this a recipe as much as an idea – I am just going to offer a little inspiration! We are big fans of traditional flavors so we stuck with the basics but the options are really endless.
For the kids keep it simple and colorful – but for adults, you can bring in more adult flavors and add-ons.
- Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- Ice Cream – flavor of your choice
- Sprinkles and Jimmies
1. Lay out cookies on a baking tray.
2. Using a cookie scoop, put a small scoop of ice cream on each cookie and place another cookie on top.
3.Press down gentle to get the ice cream around the edges – but not too hard or you may break your cookie.
4. Roll the ice cream sandwich on its side in the sprinkles or jimmies until the ice cream is covered.
5. Place in the freezer for about an hour until the ice cream is hardened back up
6. Enjoy this fun little treat!