The Slow Cooker Kale, Sausage and White Bean Soup Recipe is a healthy – but oh so filling meal that is perfect for any time of year, but extra awesome on those cold winter days. Filled with goodness like kale, beans and tomatoes – this delicious soup will keep your body healthy while making you happy.
Of course the most awesome part – is it is easy to make in a slow cooker!
The slow cooker allows you to make this in the morning before work, just throw all the ingredients in – and when you get home simple add in a few final ingredients and in 15 minutes dinner will be on the table. Serve it with dinner rolls or a French baguette which are both perfect for dipping into the saucy goodness.
- 1 pound of ground Italian or hot sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14 oz can tomatoes
- 14 oz beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of paprika (or less, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon of rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of kale, stalk removed and chopped
- 2 cans of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- In a crockpot place sausage on bottom and layer with onions, tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- In the final 20-30 minutes of cooking time, add in kale, beans and balsamic vinegar.
There’s a tiny hint of heat with the paprika so you can adjust that to your liking. I personally like to add in sugar to cut out the acidity but that’s optional.
The salt I recommend adding in after the cooking is done so each person can adjust to taste.
This recipe serves about 6 people.
This recipe has been slightly adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens Skinny Slow Cooker cookbook, Kale, beef and white bean stew, page 89.