Sweet and savory – this Harvest Homemade Turtle Candy Recipe may be the perfect fall treat for kids and adults alike.
With pecans, Caramel Creams and caramel apple filled chocolates it is filled with fall flavors that will keep everyone coming back for more.
Easy Turtle Candy Recipe
If you are trying to decide on a sweet treat that is not “overly done” at your fall events – then this turtle candy recipe may be the perfect option that just about everyone will love.
I actually took a bit of a shortcut with this recipe (since that is how I roll) – but the results are just as good!
These candies are made with one of my favorite candies – Goetze’s Caramel Creams!
Another great thing about this turtle candy recipe is that you can store them in the refrigerator for up to one month or in the freezer for up to three months. So you can make them in advance and have them ready when you need them.
Yields: 1 dozen
1. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Make 12 piles of 5-6 pecan halves on the lined cookie sheet.
3. Follow the directions for the Easy Caramel Sauce recipe.
4. Add about 1 Tablespoon of the melted caramel on top of each pile of pecans. Be sure to cover every pecan piece so they will stick together.
5. While the caramel is still warm, place a caramel filled apple candy on top. Sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Allow to cool and “firm up” for 1 hour before serving.
*Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 32 Goetze Caramel Creams - unwrapped
- 12 caramel apple filled chocolates
- Sea salt, to garnish
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Make 12 piles of 5-6 pecan halves on the lined cookie sheet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the caramel sauce on top of the pecan pile. be sure to cover all pieces so the stay together!
- While the caramel is still warm, place the caramel filled candy apple on top.
- Sprinkle to taste with sea salt.
- Allow to cool and harden for 1 hour before serving.
Below are the instructions for the Caramel Sauce. This recipe is from the Goetz website, but we have added it here for ease of use!
- Combine Goetze's Caramel Creams®, evaporated milk, and butter in a medium sauce pan over low heat.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat when smooth.
You may need to heat the caramel sauce while you are making the turtles as the sauce needs to be warm to ensure it keeps the pecans together!