A staple in our house is the rotisserie chickens you can buy in your local supermarket. I use them for everything from salads to tacos and more. They usually come in a variety of flavors and are absolutely delicious but it is kind of a pain to have to run out to get one when the urge strikes.
So, I played around a bit and was excited that I could cook a whole chicken in my air fryer and get that same crispy outside with such moist inside! While you can change out the flavors to make it your own, I opted for a lemon pepper flavor for this recipe because that is the one I love from our local store.
If I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again…I LOVE my Air Fryer. I don’t even put it away because I use it for almost everything these days. Besides being perfect when you are trying to eat healthy and lose weight, my family also loves everything I cook in it. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Of course this recipe only works if you have an air fryer that is big enough to hold a whole chicken. For this recipe I used the Simple Living Products XL 5L air fryer which holds a big enough chicken to feed my family.
- 1 whole 4-5 Pound Chicken
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 Lemon quartered
- 1 lime cut in half
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 4 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning (you can use any type of seasonings that you prefer)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat Air Fryer to 380°
2. Lightly coat your chicken with olive oil so the seasoning will stick
3. Spread your lemon pepper spice under/over the skin of the entire chicken
4. Stuff the inside of your chicken with quartered lemons to create moist chicken
5. Place chicken breast side down and set timer for 30 minutes
6. Turn over and set timer for another 30 minutes
7. Make sure your chicken is completely done by checking the temperature, it should be at least 165°
8. While the chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil and add your broccoli, cauliflower & carrots.
9. Boil for about 3-4 minutes. Drain and spray lightly with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Place in Air Fryer basket once the chicken is done for approximately 15 minutes at 400° shaking half way through. Adjust time to your liking of how soft you want your vegetables.
10. Garnish with lemon and lime zest and fresh cilantro.
Not only does this air fryer chicken breast taste amazing – it is healthy too! Of course if you are a skin lover like me – that is not the best option, but by just eating the meat and vegetables you will be doing your body a whole lot of good!
- 4 ounces of white meat with no skin is 3 Smart Points
- 4 ounces of dark meat with no skin is 4 Smart Points
- A serving size of vegetables is roughly 1 cup which is 0 Smart Points
Air Fryer temperatures may vary a bit so please be sure to check your cooking times for your air fryer. This recipe was made in a Simple Living Air Fryer and our cooking time is based on that unit. Weight Watchers Smart Points: 4 ounces white meat with no skin - 3SP 4 ounces dark meat with no skin - 4 SP
Air Fryer temperatures may vary a bit so please be sure to check your cooking times for your air fryer. This recipe was made in a Simple Living Air Fryer and our cooking time is based on that unit.
Weight Watchers Smart Points:
4 ounces white meat with no skin - 3SP
4 ounces dark meat with no skin - 4 SP