Having a beautiful Christmas table setting can make all the difference in the overall vibe of your holiday. The red and white themed Christmas decor for your dinner table that we are sharing here can be done cost effectively but looks like it cost a fortune.
You can celebrate Christmas with two cocktails for which we have recipes for – Cranberry Cool Whip Dessert and Spiced Apple Screwdriver Drink . Both of these drinks not only taste amazing but are a nice addition to your beautiful table.
I love decorating for Christmas and also love having people over.
When I do get company, I am the type to go all out. I actually look for reasons to have people over for just so I can fill my need to entertain.
Christmas is a favorite of course and I probably have more Christmas decor than I will ever need – but it came in handy when I needed a new Christmas table look this year. I had some of what I needed for this look – but some items I did purchase.
In comparison to some other articles I have seen about Christmas dinner table decorations, I think you will find this to be a pretty cost effective look!
One of my secrets is to use wrapping paper on the table.
It’s cheap, pretty and can be easily bunched up and thrown away when done with it.
I know it is not an option for everyone as some may consider it “cheap” but personally I love it! Nothing I have to wash or clean, I can get it for $2 a roll at the dollar store and it lasts right through dessert. The best part is the unlimited options for designs!
Below you will find recommendation for everything you need to make a beautifully designed Christmas dinner table similar to the one below. You might even have some of the items on hand already since some are basics that many people have.
Remember, you can swap out the items I used for some of your holiday decorations.
We are providing recommendations for a dinner setting for 6 people, but of course you can adjust as needed!
Most of the items below can be found on Amazon and are pretty well priced but if you are able to – I highly recommend you try local stores like the Dollar Store for the baskets, plates and even holiday decor or The Christmas Tree Shop if you have one near you!
Both of these options can lower the cost greatly from the already low cost I put this together for.
- (6) Basketweave Dinner Plates, Salad Plates & Bowls
- (6) Basketweave Coffee Cups
- (6) Set of Silverware
- (6) Red Charger Plates
- (6) Oxford Collection Crystal Highball Glasses
- (6) Red & White Striped Cloth Napkins (or other Christmas themes will work)
- (1) Roll of Christmas Wrapping Paper (or White or Red Linen Table Cloth)
- (1) Winter Brush Pine Garland with Frosted Berries
- Assorted Silver Reindeer
- Vintage Eat Drink & Be Merry Sign
- Small Merry Christmas Throw Pillow
- White Birch Branches
1. Start decorating your Christmas table by laying down a roll of Christmas Themed wrapping paper (picked up from Hobby Lobby or even the Dollar Tree).
2. Set the table in this order: Red Charger, White Dinner Plate, Red & White Striped Cloth Napkin, Salad Plate, and Bowl.
3. Place silverware at each place setting.
4. Add the coffee cups and Crystal Highball Glasses.
5. Next is the centerpiece. To keep this Christmas theme simple, but beautiful, add a Winter Brush Pine Garland filled with pinecones and berries. I added additional berry stems and pine cones to give this a fuller look. Don’t worry if you don’t have this type of Garland; any Christmas theme garland will work!
6. For additional Christmas cheer, I added an Eat, Drink & Be Merry sign picked up from Hobby Lobby. You can find similar ones at Amazon, Target, Home Goods or other decor stores.
7. I covered a small white basket with a red & white striped cloth napkin and placed a small Merry Christmas throw pillow and white pinecones in it. You can find these types of crafts at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn’s or online.
8. Depending how much room you have on your table, feel free to add a few silver reindeer and white birch branches towards the end. Be sure to save room for the food!