No churn ice cream is so much easier than people think! We are a family of ice-cream lovers and when I heard it can be made at home I was actually in disbelief. I thought the only way to really make ice cream was with a churn or an actual ice-cream maker. But I decided to try it and was surprised to find not only that no churn ice cream is pretty easy – but the ice cream is almost better than what you buy in the stores.
How To Make No Churn Ice Cream
I went with plain old vanilla for this no churn ice cream recipe, but of course you can add fruits, chocolates and so much more to make it just the way you like it! My next time making it I am going to do a strawberry almond ice cream since those are 2 of my favorite things and not something I can find anywhere.
1. Pour 2 cups of heavy cream into a cold bowl
2. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla
You are going to want a really good vanilla to really get the great strong vanilla flavor. The one I used for this recipe I actually purchased in Mexico and it was a perfect addition to the recipe.
3. Whip heavy cream and vanilla it until it forms stiff peaks.
4. Once the whipped cream has stiff peaks you will then fold the cream into your sweetened condensed milk.
5. Once everything is combined you can separate the result into 3 separate bowls to add coloring.
6. When you have them to the right colors that you want, scrape the finished products in layers in a freezer container.
7. Place it in your freezer for about six hours.
Your freezer may freeze the ice cream faster than mine, so keep an eye on things as it may be ready faster than you expect.
Take it out, scoop it into bowls, add some jimmies if you didn’t do it before and enjoy!!!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Food coloring (optional)
- Pour 2 cups heavy cream into a cold bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- Whip until it forms stiff peaks.
- Slowly fold whip cream into sweetened condensed milk.
- Divide into 2 bowls.
- Add food coloring until you reach desired colors.
- Layer in a freezer container.
- Cover and freeze for 6 hours.
You can easily customize this recipe to make it your own by adding chocolate, marshmallows, cookie bits, liquid mint and more. Use this recipe as a base and play around with various additions to get the ice cream flavors your family loves.