It’s fall and that can only mean one thing…apple season! I love apples and going apple picking. So, rather than have all them apples go bad, start making yummy desserts. The Mini Apple Strudels are only 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus per serving.
But even if you don’t make anything with the apples, just spending family time together on a beautiful, crisp fall day is sometimes all you need!
Of course, apples aren’t just for baking. You can also use them for bobbing or many other things
Mini Apple Strudels Recipe! 3 WW PP!
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples I like to use McIntosh
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts optional
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 sheets phyllo dough 14 inches x 9 inches
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Confectioners' sugar optional
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, sugar, walnuts, flour and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out).
- Spray with butter-flavored spray.
- Fold in half widthwise; spray again with butter-flavored spray.
- Spoon a scant 1/3 cup filling onto phyllo about 2 in. from a short side.
- Fold side and edges over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat.
- With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits in tops of strudels.
- Spray strudels with butter-flavored spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
- Each Serving = 3 Points Plus
WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc. © 2015 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2015 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.