Pretty much everything I buy these days is online, even my food shopping is primarily done online. There are several advantages to online shopping but one of the best is the opportunity to do good and get cash back on purchases. With the technology out there and tools like the Walmart Savings Catcher and other apps it is crazy easy to save money with little or no work.
I recently learned about Giving Assistant which is another way to either earn some money when you shop – or even better, donate that money to organizations who need it the most!
Below is my personal experience with Giving Assistant and my thoughts on whether it is a good option as a cash back platform.
How Giving Assistant Works
The program is super easy to use and earn with!
- Visit GivingAssistant and Join the program
- Once you choose whether you would like to use Facebook or your email for your new account you will then select the level you want to join under. I am on the Free plan.
- You will then have the option to get their button installed on your browser. This will allow you to see cash back bonuses in your shopping cart on any websites that you are on. You can see coupons, activate your cash back and more. So we do recommend activating this button as well.
- Once the button has been activated you will be redirected to one cute page that tells you how it works.
Once you are all activated and in your account you will be able to do a few other things to personalize your account.
In the Cash Back section:
- You will be able to view all of your earnings and money due to you as well as payments made and your history
- You will need to select Paypal or Check as your form of payment for the cash back you earn
- Payments require a minimum of $5.99 in your account
In the Giving section:
This is an optional area – if you just want the cash back then just get your settings in order and you are done. If you would like to have your cash back earnings to be donated then you will make that happen in the giving area.
Once you choose a nonprofit to support you can then choose if you want to donate 100% of your earnings, 50% of your earnings or some other customized amount. This is a great way to do good while making a few extra dollars for yourself.
Upgrade Giving Assistant
There is an option to upgrade your Giving Assistant account which will allow you to increase your cash back earnings. It includes double the cash back amounts, faster payments and customizable payment options. I did not take advantage of this, but I may try it in the future.
About The Stores
At the time of this writing Giving Assistant has secured over 3,000 online stores as part of their program. This basically means you will pretty much find anything and everything you need in their database to ensure you earn cash back on your favorite items.
You can easily see the cash back amount you will receive when you shop at any store in their database as they are clearly listed on the Giving Assistant website.
Once you visit any of their vendor websites and place an order, the amount you earn will show in your account within a day or 2 and you will receive an email notification confirming your cash back earned after placing your order.
What I like most about Giving Assistant is that you get your cash back within days, not months.
Sign Up Bonus
If you sign up using this link, you will get $5 added to your account once you accumulate at least .99 cents in cash back earnings.
We absolutely love Giving Assistant and hope you will too! Our review is based on our own personal use of the program and we cannot think of an easier way to do good in the world. I selected to have all of my earnings be donated – imagine if everyone did that how beautiful the world would be!