Best Pumpkin Patches!
One of the things I love about fall is pumpkin and pumpkin patches. I used to love visiting them when my kids were little and still do with my grand kids. Traveling cross country, we were able to find some of the best pumpkin patches in the Western US and Eastern US and share them with you. Please come back and let me know if you visit one or maybe suggest one that we missed. Have fun and happy pumpkin hunting.
1. Nelson Pumpkin Farm: 23618 CSAH 1, Litchfield, MN 55355. Crop Maze or Labyrinth, Farm Animals, Gift Shop, Pumpkins, Tours. Pumpkin Patch Festival celebrating our 25th yr creating memories for all ages! Horse drawn trolley, wagon rides, pony rides, corn maze, hay maze, funhouse, farm animals, farm golf, barrel races, pumpkin chucker flinger thinger, large slide, contests, special events, swinging in the hayloft, soap box derby, scarecrow making, pumpkins, gourds, fall decorations, food, gift shop & much more! Fee charged wknds Sep 27-Oct 26: Sat 11a-5p, Sun Noon-5p. MEA 11a-5p.
2. Dehn’s Pumpkins: 17270 125th Ave. North, Dayton MN. 55327. PYO pumpkin right from the vine. A true family farm that all ages can enjoy, so gear the family up & head out here! Other activities include corn maze, pumpkin jumper, corn pit & hayrides on the wknds, huge selection of pumpkins in the 10-acre patch. Specialty pumpkins, gourds, corn stalks, straw bales & spooky boutique. We also provide lawn garden wagons so you can haul in the perfect jack-o-lantern. Sep 27-Oct 31: Daily 10a-6p.
7. Dallas Arboretum’s Pumpkin Village: 8525 Garland Rd., Dallas, TX 75218. This festival features a nationally acclaimed Pumpkin Village with four pumpkin “homes” that are built with 50,000 pumpkins, gourds and squash. The pumpkin patch is an integral part of Pumpkin Village, and people are encouraged to purchase all types of pumpkins from thepumpkin patch to take home.
This pumpkin patch is not your typical pumpkin patch on a farm. In fact, many people come to the Arboretum to see the elaborate pumpkin displays in thePumpkin Village area and throughout the gardens. People can purchase pumpkins from our pumpkin patch to take home because we literally have all kinds in all shapes and sizes. Plus, it’s all wrapped around a fall festival in one of the loveliest gardens in Dallas.
Things to do:
1. Run through the storybook pumpkin houses and learn about these stories.
2. See the 50,000 pumpkins, gourds and squash that form the nationally acclaimed Pumpkin Village.
3. Buy pumpkins to take home for fall.
4. Run through the hay bale maze.
5. On Mommy and Me Mondays and Tiny Tot Tuesdays, make nature crafts, go to the petting zoo, have your face painted and more.
— Just Plum Crazy (@xxplumcrazeexx) October 7, 2014
Have you visited any Pumpkin Patches or Corn Mazes lately?
Topic: Best Pumpkin Patches, Corn Maze and Halloween Trains.