If you are looking for something unique for St. Patrick’s Day – or any day where you are looking for a different lunch or snack item, our Air Fryer Reuben Egg Rolls will fit the bill.
Air Fryer Reuben Egg Rolls Recipe
When I think of Reuben’s, I think of St. Patrick’s Day. Of course you can eat them at any time of the year. But these reuben sandwich alternatives are made a little differently because they are made in an air fryer. Crispy crunchy goodness is what will happen when you combine typical reuben ingredients and roll them in a wrapper to be air fried.
- Egg Roll Wrappers (these are usually found in the vegetable department!)
- Sliced Deli Corned Beef (you can use shredded or even Pastrami if you aren’t a fan of Corned Beef!)
- Can of Sauerkraut (I used a small can because there is only 2 of us!)
- Swiss Cheese
- Vegetable Oil Spray (any kind will work!)
- 1000 Island Dressing
1. Slice Corned Beef into narrow slices.
2. Slice Swiss Cheese into narrow slices.
3. Drain Sauerkraut and dry off. (I used a paper towel to absorb the juice!)
4. Take 1 egg roll wrapper and moisten edges with water so it will seal together when you fold it over. Point the corner towards you.
5. Stack the Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese in alternate layers. I started with the Swiss Cheese because who doesn’t love cheese, and layered it cheese, corned beef, cheese, corned beef, and finished with the cheese. I had my Corned Beef sliced a little thicker but you can slice it any way you like.
6. Top it off with a little or a lot of sauerkraut.
7. Take the pointed end closest to you and fold over the contents.
8. Bring up the sides and fold in.
9. Continue folding over until it looks like an egg roll.
10. Spray lightly on both sides with vegetable oil spray.
11. Place in Air Fryer Basket. I always leave a little room around them so they bake nicely.
12. Air Fry at 400° for 4 minutes, flip and another 4 minutes on the other side.
13. Remove with tongs from Air Fryer and serve with 1000 island dressing.
14. You can make your own 1000 island dressing with ketchup, mayonnaise and relish.