A fantastic soup perfect for those warm winter days and when you just need something with that home cooked touch that reminds you of something grandma would make!
This Zesty Hamburger Soup recipe is easy to make and can be table ready in about 30 minutes and is only 6 Weight Watchers Points Plus so you can stay on track with your weight loss goal!
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn (I use canned corn)
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the water, potatoes, corn, pasta and jalapeno.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.
© 2012 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2012 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
Photo Credit & Recipe Adapted from Taste of Home