I partnered with Honey Bunches of Oats to bring you this post. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.
Peachy Strawberry Smoothie!
The Peachy Strawberry Smoothie is something you can make quickly and take with you if you have one of those single serve blenders like I do. It’s really simple to make and most ingredients you might have even have on hand. At the end of the recipe, you will see some suggestions to make it low calorie and some alternative items you can use. Like I didn’t have frozen peaches so I used can peaches. It came out just as good.
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk.
- 1 container (6 oz.) vanilla low-fat yogurt.
- 3 Tbsp. strawberry flavor sugar-sweetened soft drink mix. I couldn’t find this in a package but I found it in a squirt container.
- 1 cup frozen sliced peaches.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries.
- 1/2 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal.
- Place all ingredients in blender container; cover.
- Blend on high speed 15 sec. or until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Suggestions:
Healthy Living: Watching your fat and calorie intake? Prepare as directed, using fat-free milk, nonfat yogurt and 1-1/2 tsp. or 3 packets raspberry flavor low calorie soft drink mix. You will save 70 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving!
Fun Idea: Create your own personalized smoothie by using your favorite flavors of nonfat yogurt and sugar-sweetened soft drink mix.
Variation: For a smoother smoothie, prepare as directed, omitting the cereal.
Substitute: Substitute 1 cup drained, sliced peaches for frozen sliced peaches. Prepare as directed, substituting Trail Mix Crunch Raisin & Almond cereal (nutrition information may vary).
Fun Idea: Garnish with additional fruit, if desired.
Topic: Peachy Strawberry Smoothie!