The Cast Iron Skillet BBQ Grill Patriotic Cake Recipe is brought to you by Just Plum Crazy.
Cast Iron Skillet BBQ Grill Patriotic Cake Recipe
The 4th of July is fast approaching. Do you need a few great 4th of July picnic ideas to help you and your family celebrate this day? This Cast Iron Skillet BBQ Grill Patriotic Cake Recipe is perfect.
- Gas or charcoal grill
- White cake mix
- Red and blue gel coloring
- 3 eggs
- 1 C oil
- 1 C water
- 1 small cast iron pan
- Pam spray
- Grill thermometer
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Blue and red food coloring
- 3 bowl
- 3 medium star tips and pastry bags
- If using a gas grill, turn on one burner on one side of the grill and set a thermometer onto the grill.
- Once the grill reaches 350 degree's prepare the cake.
- If using a charcoal grill, place the coals on one side of the grill and once the grill reaches 350 degrees, prepare the cake.
- Using a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs oil and water.
- Divide batter into 3 bowls.
- Add red gel coloring into one bowl and mix until you get the shade you want.
- Add blue gel coloring into the second bowl and mix until you get the shade you want.
- Spray the cast iron pan with pam spray and then randomly drop scoops of the cake batter into the pan until half full.
- Place onto the grill away from the coal or the burners that are turned on.
- Close the grill lid and set a timer for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients except the food coloring into the bowl and mix on medium speed
- If your frosting starts looking like powdery rocks, add another tablespoon of heavy whipping cream
- Mix until you see creamy stiffed peaks
- Separate the frosting into three bowls
- Add the red food dye into one bowl
- Add the blue food dye into the second bowl
- Leave the third bowl white
- Add frosting to their own piping bags
- Take turns and pipe a star around the edge alternating the colors
- Serve once frosting is piped on.
Check out the rest of our Patriotic recipes below.