This post is part of the blogger program by Naturally Fresh® and The Motherhood, who compensated me for my time and the development of this recipe. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
Buffalo Chicken Fajita Mini Bites!
Can you believe the Superbowl is next Sunday already. I am always on the lookout for Superbowl Game Day foods that are easy and better for you recipes like the Buffalo Chicken Fajita mini bites. Thankfully, I got to make these with Naturally Fresh lite Bleu Cheese dressing and still stick to my Weight Watchers program. The lite Bleu Cheese dressing is made with Naturally Fresh’s® own nonfat buttermilk and aged bleu cheese chunks. You can really taste the difference.
I don’t mind making appetizers when I can include products that are Naturally Fresh. Naturally Fresh® is a line of high-quality, homemade-tasting salad dressings and dips with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
I make a small batch at a time because I never know how many people are going to show up. But it’s so easy to whip up, it takes no time at all.
Buffalo Chicken Fajita Mini Bites Ingredients:
4 oz. Crockpot Chicken Fajita Mixture.
1/4 cup Naturally Fresh lite Bleu Cheese.
Hot Sauce (I use Frank’s). (optional)
1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese.
1 box filo shells.
Mix chicken fajita mixture with Naturally Fresh® lite Bleu Cheese and hot sauce. I only sprinkled a few drops of hot sauce because I don’t like things really spicy. But you can use however much or little as you like. You can even leave it out if don’t like any.
Take spoonfuls and drop into filo shells until you have them all filled.
Top with fat free shredded cheddar cheese and pop in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes until heated through. You can also serve them cold if you like.
Each Buffalo Chicken Fajita Mini Bites serving is 2 filo shells and is 2 Weight Watchers PP.
What Naturally Fresh® puts in their products:
- Naturally Fresh® puts real, wholesome ingredients in their products – and you can taste the difference.
- For instance, Naturally Fresh uses real chunks of aged bleu cheese and their own buttermilk in their Bleu Cheese dressing, and real herbs and spices like basil, black pepper, spicy ginger and tangy mustard seeds in many sweet and savory dressings and dips.
- Some recipes are simple and basic, and others have more complex flavor profiles, requiring a sophisticated blend of ingredients. The end result is always a variety of dressings, dips and sauces that enhance your meals and snacks with fresh, delicious flavor.
What Naturally Fresh® leaves out of their products:
- Many foods on store shelves today contain artificial flavors and colors that change the way the food tastes and looks, as well as preservatives that extend their shelf life. Naturally Fresh® refrigerated dressings are different. The company creates products that taste great by using wholesome ingredients, and leaving out artificial preservatives and artificial colors or flavors.
- Naturally Fresh® does not use:
- Artificial thickeners to make up texture that should come from real ingredients.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG), an artificial flavor enhancer.
- Artificial preservatives. That’s why you’ll only find Naturally Fresh® products in the refrigerated section.
- Artificial colors or flavors.
If you have the choice of Naturally Fresh ingredients over processed foods, why would you want to use anything else? They have many dressing, dips and sauces to choose from. You could even substitute Naturally Fresh lite Ranch if you aren’t a big fan of bleu cheese.
I was able to purchase Naturally Fresh at Publix in the produce section next to the bagged salads. But you can find a store near you and recipes using the Naturally Fresh® free mobile app.
Naturally Fresh is giving away a coupon for a free jar of dressing to 5 lucky Just Plum Crazy readers.
The winners have all been contacted and will be posted once they respond.
What are some of your favorite game day appetizers?
Weight Watchers Friendly Buffalo Chicken Fajita Mini Bites 2PP #NaturallyFresh
- 4 oz. Crockpot Chicken Fajita Mixture.
- 1/4 cup Naturally Fresh lite Bleu Cheese.
- Hot Sauce I use Frank's. (optional)
- 1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 box filo shells.
Mix chicken fajita mixture with Naturally Fresh® lite Bleu Cheese and hot sauce. I only sprinkled a few drops of hot sauce because I don't like things really spicy. But you can use however much or little as you like. You can even leave it out if don't like any.
Take spoonfuls and drop into filo shells until you have them all filled. Top with fat free shredded cheddar cheese and pop in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes until heated through. You can also serve them cold if you like.
Each serving is 2 filo shells and is 2 Weight Watchers PP.
Topic: Buffalo Chicken Fajita Mini Bites
WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus® are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc. © 2015 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2015 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.