Ice-cold watermelon is synonymous with summer. There are so many delicious ways to serve it, from thick slices to tempting watermelon salads to luscious watermelon cocktails. Check out our 15 mouthwatering watermelon recipes below.
15 Mouthwatering Watermelon Recipes
It’s National Watermelon Day! Yay! Whether you are looking for watermelon desserts, watermelon drinks, watermelon salad, or even watermelon sorbet we have the perfect watermelon dishes for you.
Our favorite watermelon dishes:
1. Watermelon Pork Tacos from Living on a Dime.
2. Watermelon & Coconut Popsicles from the Red Bistro.
3. Pink Watermelon Lemonade Slushies from the Half Baked Harvest.
4. Watermelon Pickles from Living on a Dime.
Watermelon Products you might need:
5. Watermelon Salad with Tomato and Cucumber from This Week for Dinner.
6. Watermelon Cucumber Water from Stockpiling Moms.
7. Chilled Watermelon Soup from Domestic Mommyhood.
8. Watermelon Aqua Fresca from TammiLee Tips.
9. Chocolate Dipped Watermelon from Turning the Clock Back.
10. Frozen Mango Watermelon Lemonade from JaMonkey.
11. Watermelon Jicama Salsa from Kelly Stilwell.
12. Watermelon,Spinach & Banana Smoothie from Saved By Grace Blog.
13. Watermelon Peruvian Ceviche from April Go Lightly.
14. Easy Watermelon Sorbet from JaMonkey.
15. Watermelon On A Stick from JaMonkey.
The sweet, juicy flesh is usually deep red to pink, with many black seeds, although seedless varieties have been cultivated. The fruit can be eaten raw or pickled and the rind is edible after cooking.
While nearly 92% of watermelon is water, the 8% left over is rich in this compound, protecting and nourishing the heart, prostate, and skin.
Did you know that salt sprinkled on a watermelon brings out it’s sweetness? I had never heard of this before and thought it was rather odd, but I decided to try it and lo and behold….it sure does. Don’t take my word for it…try it and you just might like it.
What are some of your favorite watermelon recipes?
Don’t forget to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest!