Weight Watchers Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
As most of you know, I am a lifetime member at Weight Watchers. I am always on the lookout for foods that are good and healthy for you and with low WW Points. One of them items are the new al fresco all natural chicken sausages. Pork sausage is pretty much off limits because of the high fat content and I’m not a big fan of turkey sausage. And what better way to start Christmas morning. Put everything in the Crock Pot while you are opening gifts and when you are done with that, breakfast will be ready!
I received the al fresco all natural, best known for their tasty, better-for-you chicken sausages, but they also have an entire line of all natural chicken products. I am always hesitant to try new products for fear that we aren’t going to like them and they will end up getting thrown out. My husband is really fussy and my 94 year old mom, well, let’s just say, she is set in her ways and doesn’t seem to like anything anymore. So I set out to see if they liked the chicken sausage without telling them. Did I mention that they are Gluten Free also?
They look just like a normal pork sausage but are better for you. They can also be microwaved if you don’t want to fry them.
The results were in and they ate them without a word about them tasting different. I served them the Country Style Chicken Sausage with a hint of sage and thyme. They are really good and flavorful and only 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus for 4 of them, I could eat them all day long. I decided to make a Weight Watchers Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole with the Apple Maple flavor.
Layer everything in crockpot and place on low for 3-5 hours depending on how many eggs you use. It will be brown around the edges and firm in the middle when it is done.
- 8 al fresco all natural chicken sausage 4 PP
- 4 eggs 4 PP
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with basil 0 PP
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 0 PP
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper 0 PP
- 1 cup fat free cheddar cheese 2 PP
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray.
- Layer tomatoes, onion, green pepper, and fat free cheese.
- Scramble eggs in a separate bowl and pour over layers.
- Cook on low for 3 hours. (If you use more eggs, you will have to increase the cooking time)
- Makes 2 servings. 5 PP each.
Right now, they have a recipe sweepstakes called #ChickenANDtheEgg until Dec. 31, 2014.
How #ChickenANDtheEgg works:
- Share a photo on Instagram of your best al fresco chicken sausage and egg breakfast recipe with #ChickenANDtheEgg.
- Tag the @alfrescogourmet Instagram account.
- Follow the @alfrescogourmet Instagram account.
On January 5 we’ll randomly select a winner from the entries to win a free breakfast for four ($200 value) AND a year’s supply of al fresco chicken sausage (16 packages).
Topic: Weight Watchers Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc. © 2014 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2014 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.