The Tomato Onion Feta Salad Recipe is perfect for summer and BBQ season which is quickly approaching. Quick and easy picnic recipe.
Tomato Onion Feta Salad Recipe!
Welcome to day 3 of our 12 days of BBQ and Picnic ideas.
I love just tomatoes and cucumbers and figured it
could would be better by adding some onion and feta cheese. And that’s how I came up with the Tomato Onion Feta Salad Recipe!
With summer and BBQ season approaching quickly, I am always looking for new recipes to bring with us to a picnic or BBQ. The Tomato Onion Feta Salad Recipe is perfect for that and different than a normal lettuce salad. Plus it takes less time to make. Place it in the cooler with the rest of your items and it’ll be the hit of the party. Of course it’s perfect for at home too. I like to prepare it the night before so the flavors marry into each other.
- 3 lg cucumbers
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1 lg red onion
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Peel and dice your cucumbers.
2. Remove the skin form your onion and dice into small bits.
3. Slice your roma tomatoes and then quarter for small pieces.
4. Add your cucumber, onion, tomatoes and feta in a large bowl and toss to combine.
5. In a small bowl add your olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt pepper, and dijon mustard stir to combine.
6. Combine the cucumber mix and the dressing to toss to evenly coat.
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe.
What are some of our favorite summer BBQ and picnic recipes? Leave a comment below letting us know.
Make sure you check out all of our great picnic ideas below!