Disclosure: I was invited to SeaWorld for their 50th Anniversary Celebration. I received no other compensation and all opinions are my own.
SeaWorld’s 50th Anniversary Celebration!
Can you believe that SeaWorld is celebrating their 50th Anniversary? I can’t believe it’s been around that long. I love SeaWorld and it is by far my favorite park. Not for the rides, but for the Dolphin’s and Whales and Birds and Sea Lions. You get the picture. The dolphin’s are so graceful when they swim and I always dreamt of becoming a trainer when I was young. Things happened and it didn’t materialize, but none the less, I love going there.
SeaWorld’s 50th Anniversary Celebration isn’t just a one day event. Not at all, they will be celebrating it continuously for 18 months with tons of surprises along the way. It’s not just SeaWorld Orlando, but also SeaWorld San Antonio and SeaWorld San Diego are all celebrating their 50th Anniversary.
SeaWorld Orlando’s 50th Celebration Sea of Surprises™ Highlights
- Park pathways come to life with spontaneous entertainment. “Bubble Blowout” is sure to be a guest favorite with a fantastical vehicle creating bubbles of all sizes and shapes throughout Shamu’s Happy Harbor. Engaging performances with sea-inspired costumes and props will pop up at unexpected moments to surprise guests throughout the day, like “Splash Dance,” near Nautilus Theater.
- On June 21, a new nighttime Shamu show, “Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night”, debuts. The high energy show will include new, original music and production elements, as well as new killer whale behaviors.
- The “SeaWorld® Surprise Squad” will roam SeaWorld Orlando on a daily basis giving away, at random, prizes and special gifts, including exclusive access to rides, behind-the-scenes experiences, Shamu-themed merchandise, reserved show seating and more.*
- SeaWorld guests are often greeted by an animal ambassador, many of whom were orphaned or injured in the wild and given a second chance thanks to the SeaWorld Animal Rescue Team. As part of SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration, there will be more surprise encounters with animal ambassadors throughout the day.
- Share the wonder of close-up encounters with amazing animal friends and learn how SeaWorld cares for the natural world at the all-new SEA Garden. Completely re-designed, the SEA Garden is where guests can learn more about SeaWorld’s animals, many of them rescued, including eagles, spoonbills, opossums, and more.
- To showcase SeaWorld’s commitment to the environment and passion for protecting the ocean, four giant sea life sculptures will be displayed at the SEA Garden. SeaWorld commissioned environmental art group The Washed Ashore Project for a collection of larger-than-life sea-themed sculptures – many weighing more than half a ton. The material used to create these pieces comes from the billions of pounds of garbage – mostly plastics – that wind up in our oceans. These amazing works of art point to the urgent need to protect marine animals from such dangers and preserve their ocean habitats. On display at SeaWorld Orlando are a parrot fish, sea horse, sea anemone reef and octopus.
- As part of its continuing commitment to new technology that enhances the guest experience, SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration will include new ways for fans to connect to the parks and each other though digital devices. The parks will be launching a variety of enhancements, from interactive apps that provide fun new ways to experience the park to new games and video content.
We got to meet some of the animal ambassadors along the way.
I believe that these guys are were part of the “sea of surprises” but we were headed for a ride, so we didn’t find out.
We also got to enjoy the Dolphin Show.
They really are my favorite.
Stay tuned for some more information about SeaWorld’s 50th Anniversary Celebration in upcoming posts, along with an interview with Steve Welch. You will be amazed! Remember, 18 months full of a “Sea of Surprises”!
Check out more pictures from SeaWorld’s 50th Anniversary Celebration.