I was invited on a press trip by Disney. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.
Interview with Brad Bird Tomorrowland Director!
I had the pleasure of interviewing Tomorrowland director Brad Bird. Just in the short 15 minutes that we had, there was no doubt in my mind that he is a very smart man! Also having worked on films such as Ratatouille, Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocols, and The Iron Giant.
Brad Bird began working on an animated short when he was 11 years old and finished it three years later. That was when he was recognized by Walt Disney and mentored by Milt Kahl, one of a distinguished group of Disney’s legendary animators.
Brad hopes to tell a number of stories and hopes to tell different kinds of movies. He wants showmanship to be brought back into movies and have movies not in tiny little cracker box theaters but big theaters that have great sound and there’s some presentation to it.
Showmanship is another thing that he thinks got widdled away slowly. He thinks that we took away a lot of the movie palaces in the 90’s and built a lot multiplexes. There’s nothing wrong with multiplexes. There’s some nice ones, but they tend to be kind of anonymous.
Brad says there are three kinds of theaters. There was a little tiny theater but it showed all the art films, and all the weird foreign films, and scary things like Exorcist and controversial films. That was kind of the college place.
Then there was the more old school theater with a balcony and a bigger screen and stereo sound when no one had stereo sound and that was for the Oscar winners. The ones that would go on to win the Oscar.
And then there was the smaller one that was kind of everything in between. Each theater had its own identity and, and that was a wonderful thing to have and it’s, it’s a shame to lose.
He says he doesn’t want it to be just the way it was, but improving on the way it was.
Tomorrowland will be available on the Blu-ray Combo Pack Oct. 13th, with bonus features you will only see on them and available on Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)!
This is the actual boat from the Tomorrowland movie!
Some of the Bonus Features Include:
* Remembering the Future: A Personal Journey Through Tomorrowland with Brad Bird
- Discover everything there is to know about the making of Tomorrowland through Director Brad Bird’s perspective.
* Animated Short: The Origins of Plus Ultra:
- An animated story of how Tomorrowland came to be.
* Deleted Scenes with Filmmaker Intro:
- Deleted Scene 1 – Joking on the Eiffel Tower.
- Deleted Scene 2 – Young Casey vs. The Volcano.
- Deleted Scene 3 – Doomsday Living Room.
- Deleted Scene 4 – As Originally Written Casey The Downer.
- Deleted Scene 5 – What Happened to Tomorrowland.
- Deleted Scene 6 – What is Tomorrowland.
- Deleted Scene 7 – Great Big Beautiful World World’s Fair (DMA Exclusive).
- Deleted Scene 8 – Frank Walker age 10 (DMA Exclusive).
* And so much more!
Be sure to order your Blu-ray Combo Pack today!
Like TOMORROWLAND on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyTomorrowland
Follow Disney Pictures on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DisneyPictures
Visit the official TOMORROWLAND website: www.Disney.com/Tomorrowland
Topic: Interview with Brad Bird Tomorrowland Director!