Tips for curing dog anxiety. I received the Calmz Anxiety Relief System in order to reduce the anxiety in my dog. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.
Tips for Curing Dog Anxiety!
Here are some tips for curing dog anxiety. We have many dogs in our day and only one or two were afraid of fireworks and thunderstorms. But back then there was no such thing as the Calmz Anxiety Relief System. I remember one time when I had my Golden Retriever. We came home from a fireworks show on the 4th of July and couldn’t find the dog anywhere. We had a closet off our kitchen and he had gone inside because he was scared of the noise and got stuck inside.
Another time, we had our Lab mix and she would try to hide behind the washer in the laundry room. I felt bad for them.
Now that we have Harley, she is in a totally different category because she is afraid of everything. Fireworks, thunderstorms, people, other dogs, and just about everything else. The vet says that she was most likely overbred and may have been taken away from her mom too soon and may never change. She prescribed some medication for her but that didn’t even work.
There are different types of anxiety a dog can experience. Separation anxiety, Noise anxiety, confinement anxiety, and travel anxiety. With Harley, we experience them all.
We are here to share some Tips for Curing Dog Anxiety and what we have tried and what has worked for us.
1. Leave the radio on! Whenever we leave the house, we put the radio on for Harley. It helps to block out the fireworks or outside noise and makes her think we are still in the other room.
2. Put them in the crate! I was never a fan of crating the dog but it turns out that it makes them feel safe. It’s a comfort to them and will save your stuff from getting damaged or eaten. 😉
3. Don’t make a fuss when you leave! When you leave the house, say goodbye and leave. Don’t make a fuss over them when you get ready to leave. They will get used to it and know what’s coming (or going!) Change your routine before you leave so they have no clue as to the fact that you are leaving.
4. Tire them out beforehand! Give them a walk or run before you leave. Play ball with them and tire them out. They’ll be too tired to realize you left.
5. Use the Calmz Anxiety Relief System. After trying just about everything, including medication, we decided to try the Calmz Anxiety Relief System. It’s different from other items that say they do the same thing because it uses vibration to help the dog. It’s the wearable solution to dog anxiety.
There are eight preprogrammed options of vibration intensity levels, duration and repeat cycle variations, based on the specific needs of their dog. We started Harley out on the lowest setting of six minutes once we got her used to the vest. The vest cradles the device over specific acupressure points on a dog’s spine. Its NeuroSync™ Technology, which creates and delivers calming frequencies that the dog can hear and feel, has been clinically tested by leading animal behaviorists and has demonstrated statistically significant reduction in negative behavior associated with common canine anxiety.
At first, she kept turning her head to listen to the chiming but once she got used to it, it doesn’t bother her anymore. It took us a couple weeks to get her used to wearing it. It’s easy to put on and is adjustable. The vest comes in six sizes and we went with XL. She was borderline on the measurements for Large and X Large but is still growing. You want it to fit snuggly but not tight.
You can leave the Calmz vest on them for up to 8 hours. We don’t leave it on Harley when she is in the crate because we don’t want her to chew on it. When she was younger, friends would come over and she would hide in the corner. We knew right away we were going to problems.
The Calmz Anxiety Relief System has helped her to not be as scared of loud noises like fireworks and thunder but it can take weeks to see any real difference in her behavior around other people. As of right now, we are confident that we will see more results as we continue to use the Calmz Anxiety Relief System.
You can purchase the Calmz Anxiety Relief System online for $129 and you will find out how to measure you dog to find out what size you need.