The Cherry Muddy Buddy Mix Recipe is brought to you by Just Plum Crazy.
Cherry Muddy Buddy Mix Recipe – VALENTINE’S DAY TREAT!
Here we have another easy Valentine’s Day Treat with a Cherry Muddy Buddy Mix Recipe. If you can’t tell by now…I love easy recipes. lol
This is great for sticking in sandwich bags and sending it off with the kid’s lunches. Or you can stick it in your purse for snacking on while sitting at your desk or in the school pickup line.
Kettle Corn Popcorn
- ¼ cup oil, such as canola.
- ¼ cup sugar.
- ½ cup uncooked popcorn kernels.
- ¼ tsp. salt.
- 1-2 Tbsp. melted butter.
– Heat oil over medium-high heat in a heavy pan.
– Add 3 popcorn kernels to the oil.
– Shake pan every few seconds until the 3 kernels pop.
– When popped, add sugar and stir constantly until close to dissolved, about 10-15 seconds.
– Quickly add ½ cup popcorn kernels and cover with lid.
– Shake pan five times and let rest for 2 seconds.
– Repeat this until you hear the popping stop.
– Immediately pull off heat and pour into a large bowl.
– Toss with ¼ tsp. salt.
– If desired, add 1-2 Tbsp. melted butter and drizzle over the top for extra flavor.
– Set to the side to harden and cool.
- 8 cups Chex cereal.
- 1 package 16 oz chocolate melting wafers.
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
- 1/4 cup cocoa.
- 1 3.4 oz package of instant cherry gelatin powder.
– In a large bowl add the chex cereal and the melted chocolate.
– Stir until all the chex is completely coated.
– Use a large gallon sized ziploc bag , add powdered sugar, cocoa with gelatin powder.
– Shake the mix until its combined.
– Add in Chex chocolate coated cereal.
– Shake until fully coated.
– Store in covered container until ready to serve.
Now put it all together:
- Kettle corn.
- Chex Cherry cocoa muddy buddy.
- Red, white and pink M&M’s.
- Dried cranberries.
- Conversation heart candy.
– Add as much or little of each item and stir to combine.
– There is no right or wrong here.