**Disclosure: I wrote this review as a part of a Blog Friendly PR outreach campaign forCARD.com, I was compensated for my time but all opinions are my own.
I always see people at the store that have these cute pictures or logos on their Visa cards and I could never figure out where they get them. After searching online, I came across Card.com, where they have thousands of cards to choose from, including all the most commonly searched brands like Garfield, Popeye, Extreme Couponing, James Dean, Care Bears, Walking Dead, Star Trek, Autism Awareness, Breast Cancer Research, Shark Week, Where’s Waldo, Doodle Jump, Three Stooges, Nancy Drew, etc. I chose the Cowboy Puppy because I just fell in love with him when I seen him.
Card.com: What it is
Card.com is a prepaid debit card with the Visa logo. It is accepted wherever Visa is accepted, including over 22,000 ATM networks. It has no overdraft fees so it cannot go negative. It’s safer than carrying cash, 24/7 support, Visa fraud protection and 100% FDIC insurance on funds. Easy setup for direct deposit or you can load cash at Western Union, Paypal, Bank Account or with a Green Dot Money Pack.
Card.com: Ease of use
When you go to the Card.com website, you start out by signing up, choosing your card and you will have it in a few weeks. Once you receive your card in the mail, you go online to activate it, which takes about 60 seconds and you are ready to go shopping. I figured I had to test it out, so off we went. We actually went to Ihop and Walgreens. It was just as easy as using your bank card. I just slid it through the machine and I was done. Worked like a charm.
With the free smartphone app, you can load money, find a free ATM, see your balance and more.
Card.com: Where to Get it
I’m pretty sure you figured it out by now, but just in case…you go to Card.com. Here is a rundown on the Card:
- Free to order, activate and use
- You can check deposits with the free app on your smartphone
- Free direct deposit
- Free card-to-card transfers, any time, anywhere, in seconds.
- No overdraft fees — never goes negative!
- No debt, financially responsible, no interest/credit/APRs.
- No credit check and approval in seconds.
- Free for 30 days – then $5.95 monthly fee, which is waived when you direct deposit over $800 in the previous 30 days. This fee is the same as the Walmart prepaid card and much less than many of the competitors. It’s also much less than overdrafting your bank account, paying for a checking account or using a credit card.
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner