This is a sponsored post with Mums the Word Network and Amwell. All opinions are my own.
Amwell Online Health Care!
Between my health problems and the medications that I take, even something as simple as a scratchy throat and dripping in my throat, can throw me off by not knowing what is safe for me to take. Thank goodness for Amwell Online Health Care. It’s where I can see a doctor online without leaving my house.
Remember when Doctors used to make house calls? I do! When I was young, the Doctor used to come right to the house to give me my shots, see me when I was sick and even when I got hit by a car…he came to see me (not sure what my parents were thinking at the time). Times were so much simpler. Amwell Online Health Care is pretty much the same concept.
I got to try Amwell out today. I have been having a scratchy throat. I started out by creating an account. Then I put in my health conditions and medications that I’m on. Then I chose a Dr. and waited to connect.
Once connected, I was supposed to see her but all I saw was two of me. She said she could see me and that’s all that was needed. Maybe her camera was turned off or something, I’m not sure. She wanted to look inside my throat, (oh the wonders of the internet) so I got my flashlight and shined it into my throat so she could see. She said everything looked fine and said it was probably just allergies and that I could take Zyrtek OTC for it. But, she said if it wasn’t better in a few days, that I should send her a message just by clicking on her name. Amazing.
It’s nice to know that we can do things like this from the comfort of our home. I was telling her that my resistance is probably low due to the fact I’m not getting enough sleep while taking care of my 95 year old mom. She laughed and said that she knew how it was because her 97 year old grandmother is living with her and that’s why she works from home.
Amwell Online Health Care is only $49 per visit. So even if you don’t have health insurance…it’s not going to cost you an arm and a leg.
You can use Amwell Online Health Care for a variety of symptoms.
Reasons to Use Amwell:
- Lower Cost. Consumers expect online visits to be cost-savers; with in-office visits costing, on average, $82 for first-time patients according to the Healthcare Blue Book, Amwell offers a $49 physician visit – a savings of $33. Great option for students in college looking for cost-effective healthcare or those between jobs and without insurance.
- Accessibility. After hours, on weekends and in the middle of the night (24/7/365) availability. Great for those who do have transportation or when you don’t feel well enough to drive and those who are newly relocated and don’t have providers yet.
- Convenience. Consumers are looking for a faster appointment. Now they don’t need to schedule an appointment nor do they need to wait to be seen, especially if on vacation or business travel. The doctor can be seen from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Quick prescriptions. Consumers would rather have an online video visit than an in-office visit to obtain common primary care prescriptions.
- Peace of mind. Rather than self-diagnosing or visiting a social forum for medical advice, users can obtain second opinions directly from board certified, licensed doctors.
And here are some of the most common conditions that can be diagnosed and treated online:
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Sprains and strains
- Respiratory Infection
- Weight concerns
- Smoking Cessation
You can get your first visit for $1 with code HEALTHY2! Download it from iTunes today!
Topic: Amwell Online Health Care!