Disclosure: I was provided the vehicle for one week. No other compensation has been received. All opinions are my own.
2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT
The 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT is a sporty looking car with an aggressive looking front end. When it arrived at my house, I thought “time for a little road trip” to see how this baby handles.
2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT Interior:
Since there are just the two of us, we really don’t need a big car, but I like to have extra space for the grand kids, so I was glad to see that it has the Latch System for Child’s Seats in the back. It will keep them safe at all times.
Another safety feature that I really like is the Back Up Camera. Kids are quick and can be behind your vehicle in a split second. Faster than you can get from the back of the vehicle to the drivers seat. I like it also when I’m at the grocery store. People walking down the lanes sometimes just keep walking.
The leg room on the driver’s side and passenger bucket seats in the front, have enough for me and I’m 6 ft. tall. The 60/40 split seats in the back fold down to get more cargo room for big items. You can either put one seat down or both.
2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT Exterior:
The All Season Tires helps the Lancer GT hold the road especially in the pouring rain and include the 18 in. Alloy Wheels. The GT also includes Fog Lights and the Rear Wing Spoiler for that sporty look.
With the Auto Off Halogen Headlights you don’t have to worry about turning them on. They come on and off automatically and the Halogen Headlights help to see better at night.
2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT Overview:
With it’s 2.4L engine and continuously variable transmission, the Lancer is very peppy. I’ve driven cars that no matter how much gas you give it, it just doesn’t seem to go. But not with the Mitsubishi Lancer GT, you step on the gas and it’s right there, no lagging.
It is estimated to get between 23 city and 30 highway mpg. However, it all depends on the driver. I was averaging right around the middle mark at 26. With the price of gas these days, you need something that is going to get good gas mileage like that.
My 10 Favorite Features on the 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT:
- Keyless Entry – You get to keep the key in your pocket or purse with the Fast Key Entry System. With the touch of a button you can open the doors or trunk and just turn the knob to start it.
- Automatic Climate Control – Just set your temperature and forget it. You don’t have to keep turning it on and off when you are hot or cold.
- Steering Wheel Mounted buttons – You can access your Cruise Control, Hands Free Calling and Audio Controls right from the wheel.
- 3 Accessory Plugs – Everyone has to stay recharged while on the road and the Lancer GT makes it easy to do that with 3 different spots, 2 12 Volt Accessory Outlets and one Fuse Handsfree Link System with USB Port.
- Power Door Locks & Window Locks – This is great for those kids and some adults that like to play with the power windows. You are able to lock them so they can’t.
- Rear Wing Spoiler – I like the spoiler because it gives the car that sporty look.
- 10 yr./100,000 Limited Warranty – The Mitsubishi Lancer GT includes a 10 yr./100,000 limited Powertrain warranty, 7 yr./100,000 Anti-Corrosion/Perforation warranty, 5 yr./60,000 New Vehicle Limited Warranty and a 5 yr. Unlimited mileage Roadside Assistance! Wow, I don’t believe I have ever seen that before.
- Back Up Camera – Mentioned above, this is one I would rather not live without.
- Latch System for Child’s Seats
- Rear Heater Floor Ducts – How often do you see this? Did you ever get in someone’s back seat and your feet were so cold that you couldn’t warm up? I have and in this car your feet will warm up quickly.
Mitsubishi Lancer GT Final Thoughts:
Overall, I really liked the 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT. Driving it, you can feel how it holds the road and is easy to handle. With the safety features, this is one car that I would buy for my kids and feel safe knowing that they will be safe. You have plenty of cargo room to handle pretty much anything you need to pick up, especially with the 60/40 Split Seats.
This particular vehicle is not a loaded up model, so it comes with cloth seats, which is fine by me because personally, I’m not a big fan of leather seats. The 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT can be purchased starting at $17,195. This particular vehicle is priced at $22,240. Be sure to connect with Mitsubishi on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with their latest updates and find a dealer near you.
Topic: 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GT