- Prep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours 25 min.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 beef eye of round roast (2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and oregano; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil. Remove from the pan.
- Gradually add broth, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in salsa, water and bay leaf; return meat to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
- Set meat aside and keep warm. Bring pan juices to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1-1/3 cups; skim fat. Discard bay leaf. Serve sauce with meat. Yield: 5 servings.
Each Serving = 6 Points Plus
Weight Watchers Online - Follow the Plan Entirely Online. Start Today!
WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc. © 2012 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2012 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
People following the Weight Watchers plan can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Advertising Partner of Weight Watchers
Recipe & Photo Credit Taste of Home
This post may contain Affiliate Links