- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry or beef broth
- Hot cooked egg noodles or brown rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour and salt. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef in 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in tomato paste and remaining flour until smooth. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add sour cream and sherry; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Each Serving = 8 Points Plus
Weight Watchers Online - Follow the Plan Entirely Online. Start Today!
© 2012 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2012 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
People following the Weight Watchers plan can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week.
Advertising Partner of Weight Watchers